Students and staff gathered in the Ken Edwards building for the opening session of this year's Summer School. A warm welcome was offered by Head of Department, Richard Sandell, in which he highlighted some of the recent achievements and latest news coming from the University. Our Director of Learning, Gus Dinn, then walked everyone through a packed week of tutorials, lectures and workshops, and (with the help of Simon Knell) told us everything we needed to know about the study visit to London and tonight's Party and Quiz.
So tell us what are you looking forward to this week? (Click on 'comments' below.)
Monday, 2 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Welcome to Leicester, everyone!
I hope you've all had smooth journeys and have settled in ok.
See you soon - I'll be sharing some of my research on 18th century traveller E.D.Clarke in an hour or so, and hope to make it to the quiz tonight.
It was great to meet some of you tonight at the D/L quiz. I am looking forward to seeing you all on Wednesday at the RCMG sessions.
I've really been enjoying meeting fellow classmates and sharing stories of the museums we work in. Even though we're an ocean apart, we have a lot in common!
Post a Comment