- How was the study visit for you?
- What exciting themes emerged on the day?
- Were you able to locate the nation within the museum and disentangle the values and agenda which shape national museum interpretation?
- Maybe you just enjoyed the V & A coffee shop!?
Please share your thoughts and ideas through this post...
7 comments:
The V & A was very interesting, and it was especially useful walking around as a group as we all had very different ideas and impressions.
After answering the questions and talking about the cultural interpretation aspects, a few of us went to the science museum and found Foulcault's Pendulum, and took a photo especially for Dan (after the quiz)!
I had never previously been to the V&A and really enjoyed it, although I always find attending museums with a purpose in mind to be particularly exhausting. I tend to want to wander and found myself wandering off from my group from time to time. Got some great photographs, though, which I'll post here in the near future.
I, too, had never been to the V&A, and so really appreciated the visit. It was great to brainstorm with classmates and try to dig deep into what the museum is trying to portray. Very thought-provoking things, with very few answers.
Hi Everyone!
Yes, I enjoyed the trip to the V&A. I have been many times, being a lover of art and design, so was not disappointed to take another trip (although the bus trip was a bit arduous!).
I really need to find out their Mission Statement so I can fathom the official line of what the museum stands for in today's world. Putting aside politics and socio cultural concerns, I find that an appreciation of good craftsmanship and skillful artistry is still justified today and an ideal antidote to our ultri serious and sensitive present climate.
Hi everyone,
A great day at the V&A, this was my first long visit to the museum and it was certainly helpful to have structure to the day. I certainly changed ny perception as we moved around the objects. The visit was also a good way to meet and chat to new colleagues.
I wasn't too impressed with my short visit to the NHM and soon escaped back to the V&A for alast hour in the Renaissance. I will certainly go back - another two floors to see yet!
Thanks for a great day.
Phil
This was my first trip to the V&A, and I will definitely be back. For our assignment, we focused our attention on the British Gallery and the China Gallery. I am looking forward to a return when I can wander through the sections that include modern design and pop culture. Thanks for a great introduction.
John
Hi
When I looked at posts re the museum visit last week, I am sure that I saw a link to the visit groupwork worksheets, etc. Now, I can't see them!
Please can someone tell me where they are? I wanted to refer to them for my next assignment.
Thanks,
Heather
Post a Comment